Soon to be parents are eager to decorate their baby’s nursery in the most perfect way. Planning a nursery can be tedious work. Planning a nursery starts with choosing a theme and then considering decoration which would work with the theme of the nursery. It’s always better to go for a baby nursery wall paper instead of simply painting the walls. The wallpaper allows for more design options. Another good thing about wall paper is that you can peel it off and update the walls once your child gets older.
The following are a few simple tips to help you choose a wall paper for your child’s nursery.
- Choose a variety of wall paper which is well suited for you. There are many options of wall papers which include the ones which are non-adhesive and require a special solution to be stuck onto the wall. Then there are self-adhesive wall papers which are actually like giant sticker and is pretty easy to paste onto the wall. Also it’s much easier to peel it off when required.
- Choose the right colors to accentuate the walls. It’s not just about pink or blue anymore. There are so many other color schemes which are just as appealing. Choosing a gender neutral color works well if you haven’t inquired about the sex of your baby. On the other hand if you want to stick to pink and blue you can do that as well. The choice is entirely up to you.
- Don’t be afraid to be a bit adventurous. The patterns don’t need to be too mall. Sometimes bold patterns work just as well. If you aren’t too sure you could choose to accentuate only one of the walls of the nursery with a bold print and keep the rest of the space simple.
- Stripes are a good choice. Vertical stripes give length to a room and when placed vertically can make a room appear wider. Make sure the stripes work with the walls in your room for more classic appeal.
- Choosing cartoon characters like Winnie the Pooh or care bears is a great option. These are timeless classics and have always appealed to children. However the cars theme or the Winx fairy club works well too. It all comes down to your own personal preference. You could even go for a floral design or geometric ones. Nursery wallpaper from Fancify have a lot of choices available.
- When choosing the wall paper make sure you have the measurements at hand. This can help save you money by allowing you to choose the exact amount which is required. So make sure you do your math before you pick a wall paper. When you have the measurements always add 15% of the total area. This extra wall paper accounts for the wastage. If you make a mistake it would be better to have some extra wall paper on hand.
By keeping the above mentioned things in mind you can ensure that you have designed the best nursery for your little one.